Explore base: Cavern Churn - Showdown map
- Event: Showdown
- Modifier: Meteor Shower
- Grave Block: 1635
- Magenta Barrel: 8
- Green Lake: 1
- Bush: 351
- Power Cube: 35
Cavern Churn is an official map for the Showdown event. This map is affected by the Meteor Shower modifier.
- Cavern Churn is a map with a lot of bushes in the center and is not very open. There are lots of walls to hide behind, and the Power Cubes are mainly in the middle, and the bushes that are not in the center are small patches.
- Heavyweights are good for melee combat and possibly are good to stay in the middle, they should have enemies come very close to them and of course if they are weak and don't have many gems.
- Bibi is a good choise since her Super can bounce off various walls.
- Assasins are good to check for enemies in the bushes, but should go away from the middle bush.
- Crow can be used in this map since the poison can reveal the enemy's location every second.
- Brawlers that can summon pets that follow brawlers, such as Nita, Tick, and Tara with her Black Portal, can seek out other brawlers and find out where they are, and also provide a good meat shield against non-piercing attacks.
- The throwers are very popular here, as they can use their wall-ignoring attacks to camp outside the middle bush and use the walls to their full advantage. Their disadvantage is that when the map is closing they will have to go into the centre where they can be killed by close range brawlers.
- Since there will often be at least 1 Bull and Shelly, and often more than 1 of them, it may be useful to choose brawlers to counter all of them. Good examples of this include Throwers assuming you don't go to the main bush, and Bo with his Circling Eagle.
- Even though it might be tempting to go for the middle, you might want to play it safe and get power cubes in the outskirts. This tactic is great with assassins and throwers.
- Bo is quite useful in this map, as his Circling Eagle will allow him to see other players in the bushes in the center of this map, allowing him to control the center and eliminate others with ease.
- Rico can be considered a decent choice too, because of all the walls which his bullets can bounce off of and as he can find enemies in the bushes as well.
- Various sharpshooters are vulnerable in close contact with enemies but it might also be a benefit since the cavern is quite narrow, except the middle part.