Characterization: Despite the fact that this army is considered a Brute Force attack, it actually requires quite a lot of preparation and examination to achieve the best results - GoWiPe!
The GoWiPe attack strategy is mainly used by high level players, however, it started to be used by smaller ones too. The name of this army comes from the 3 main troops which form this trio, the Golem, the Wizard and the P.E.K.K.A. Even if the army consists mainly on these three troops, it also has other troops in smaller numbers to help achieve the best results.
- 2 golems (level 2)
- 2 P.E.K.K.A (level 3)
- 8-10 Wall Breakers (level 5)
- 8 archers (level 5)
- 14 wizards (or 13 wizards if you bring 10 Wall Breakers)
- 2 giants/hogs
- CC: 1 P.E.K.K.A (preferably level 5)
- 2 Rage Spell + 1 Healing Spell + 1 Poison Spell TOTAL: 200 troops in camps + 25 troops in CC Note: Considering the high amount of hit points of the troops and low damage of the TH8 defences, you might not need a Healing Spell in this attack strategy.
- 2 golems (level 4)
- 3 P.E.K.K.A (level 3)
- 6-8 Wall breakers (level 5)
- 7 archers (level 6)
- 14 wizards (13 wizards if you bring 8 Wall Breakers).
- 2 giants/hogs
- CC: 1 P.E.K.K.A (preferably level 5) + 1 Wizard + 1 Archer
- 1 Jump Spell, 2 Rage Spells, 1 Healing Spell + 1 Poison Spell (note: here there are rare the chances when you can avoid brining the healing spell). **TOTAL: **220 troops in camps + 30 troops in CC
- 2 golems (level 5)
- 3 P.E.K.K.A (level 5)
- 10 Wall breakers (level 6)
- 11 archers (level 7)
- 16 wizards (level 6)
- 2 giants/hogs
- CC: 1 P.E.K.K.A + 2 wizards + 2 archers
- 1 Jump Spell+ 2 Rage Spells+ 2 Freeze Spells + 1 Poison Spell TOTAL: 240 troops in camps + 35 troops in CC
- The first thing you need to take care of when you attack with GoWiPe are the defender's Clan Castle troops. During a farming attack with GoWiPe there are less chances to find something dangerous or compromising for your attack; during a war attack there are all the chances to find wizard or witches in the defender's clan castle, so you MUST need to deal with them. After you dragged the troops in a corner, you can either surround them with wizards OR you can deploy the first Golem into the battle following by some wizards and the heroes too. The Golem will head to the closest defensive structure and the troops from behind will take care of the defender's CC troops.
Note: If you unlocked the Poison Spell, you do not need to drag the cc troops to the corner any more. Just place the Poison Spell onto the troops. If the cc troops of the opponent has a dragon or any other high hitpoints troops inside, then you will have to drag them to the corner
**CASE A: **You are able to lure the CC troops using one or two Giants.
Having the possibility to check the radius you can set the points where you will drag the CC troops out of the defender's castle. In the example above, a simple giant can be deployed at the bottom of the base near the Archer Tower. Usually you will need 2 Giants to get the CC troops out.
CASE B: You are able to lure the CC troops, BUT using Hog Riders instead of Giants. Two or three Hogs should be enough.
Here you will use the same principle as in the case A, you will deploy your Hog Riders and then slowly using one archer at a time you will drag the troops in a corner. Depending if the on the case, you might need 2 or 3 hogs to drag all the troops out of the castle.
CASE C: You are UNABLE to lure the CC troops out of the base, so you will HAVE to bring a Poison Spell with you for them.
In this case you are unable to drag the troops out of the castle, not without using around 6 hog riders which will use too much of your army and might ruin the entire attack. In this situation, the best thing to do is to bring a Poison Spell with you.
After you dealt with the CC troops, it's time to deploy the army. In the GoWiPe attack strategy, you do this by deciding a line which you want to start your attack from. After you decided your line of attack, you will drop 1 golem in each end of the line following by some wizards in behind and some 2-3 Wall breakers for each side. After just few seconds, deploy your P.E.K.K.As, Heroes, CC troops, rest of wizards and Wall breakers in the middle part of that line. By doing like this, there will be NO distraction for the heroes and the P.E.K.K.As and they will head right in the middle.
Right now you should have your troops in the first compartment of the base. After your troops entered the in the first compartment of the base it is time for you to drop your first Rage Spell, following the Jump Spell to connect your troops to the central area where the Town Hall is. The final part of this step is to drop your Freezing spell (if you are a th10) or your second Rage Spell (if you are a th9) in the central area to either block the defences or increase your troops power.
Once you reached this step, you should already have obtained the star from the Town Hall. Now is the time for you to use the abilities of the heroes, if you didn't already do so, and get the most of that central enclosure. If you did not get the 50% until now, it will be up to your remaining troops to get the extra percentage points.
NOTE: Starting from late TH9 and all TH10 you will mostly aim for 50% and 2 stars using the GoWiPe attack! Do not expect too much of this attack strategy from the well developed bases.
This is all the information for the GoWiPe attack! Thanks.