Arrows - Clash Royale
Arrows pepper a large area, damaging everyone hit. Reduced damage to Crown Towers.
The Arrows card is unlocked from the Training Camp (Tutorial). It is an area damage spell with a very wide radius and low-moderate damage. An Arrows card costs 3 Elixir to cast.
|radius||elixir cost||rarity||type||target||arena||release date|
|4||3||Common||Spell||Air & Ground||Training Camp||4 January 2016|
|Level||area damage||crown tower damage|
- The Arrows card was released with Clash Royale's soft launch on 4/1/16.
- On 2/2/16, the February 2016 Update decreased the Arrows' damage by 4%.
- On 19/2/16, the Balance Update decreased the Arrows' Crown Tower damage by 20%.
- On 13/3/17, the March 2017 Update increased the travel speed of the Arrows by 33%.
- On 12/12/17, a Balance Update decreased the Arrow’s Crown Tower damage from 40% to 35% of the full damage.
- On 3/6/2019, a Balance Update Increased the Arrows Projectile Speed by 37% (800 -> 1100)
- The Arrows and the Goblin Barrel are the only spells launched from the King's Tower which do not push back any troops.
- Level 12 or 13 Arrows can one-shot level 1 and 2 Barbarians.
- Arrows are extremely effective against large swarms of low health troops such as the Minion Horde or Goblin Gang. They cost 1 more Elixir than Zap, but they have a larger area of effect and also deal more damage, being able to kill Minions up to two levels higher than themselves.
- The spell can be used to finish off buildings that are extremely low on hitpoints. This is, however, discouraged unless another vulnerable unit is played in the area so that it isn't a negative Elixir and value trade.
- Keep in mind that Arrows has a short but noticeable travel time but since its radius is so large, it is unlikely that you will miss your target. Arrows can also be played preemptively to instantly destroy any swarms played. This is particularly useful when playing high dps cards such as Prince or Graveyard to clear swarms.
- Arrows are a neutral counter to Goblin Barrel. When the opponent throws the Goblin Barrel, fire Arrows immediately once the Goblins spawn, and they will be instantly destroyed. Arrows has a rather long cast time, so firing the Arrows slightly before the Goblin Barrel's impact will make sure that no damage is dealt to the Crown Tower.
- A common tactic players use is to bait the opponent to use their Arrows to take out low hitpoint troops. Then, players will deploy troops which the opponent cannot counter easily without Arrows such as the Goblin Barrel and Minion Horde. However, keep in mind that the opponent may also have other area damage spells or troops, such as the Zap, Fireball and Wizard.
- This card is very similar to The Log in function with certain differences. While the Arrows card is more expensive, it has the ability to damage air troops and hits a larger area. However, Arrows doesn't have the knockback or the unique rectangular radius that The Log does.
- Arrows can one-shot a Princess 1 level higher, Minions up to 2 levels higher, Skeletons at all levels, Goblins up to 3 levels higher, Spear Goblins up to 8 levels higher, a Dart Goblin one level higher, Archers one level lower, a Bomber 3 levels lower, Fire Spirits up to 10 levels higher, and an Ice Spirit up to 2 levels higher.
|COMMON||• Minions • Archers • Knight • Spear Goblins • Goblins • Minion Horde • Bats • Barbarians • Ice Spirit • Skeletons • Royal Recruits • Royal Giant • Skeleton Barrel • Elite Barbarians • Goblin Gang • Bomber • Fire Spirits • Rascals|
|RARE||• Musketeer • Mini P.E.K.K.A • Mega Minion • Battle Ram • Valkyrie • Dart Goblin • Hog Rider • Ice Golem • Three Musketeers • Flying Machine • Giant • Wizard • Royal Hogs • Zappies|
|EPIC||• Baby Dragon • Prince • Wall_Breakers • Golem • Witch • Giant Skeleton • Bowler • Dark Prince • Guards • Electro Dragon • Executioner • Skeleton Army • Hunter • P.E.K.K.A • Balloon • Goblin Giant • Cannon Cart|
|LEGENDARY||• Miner • Princess • Night Witch • Inferno Dragon • Ram Rider • Bandit • Mega Knight • Royal Ghost • Sparky • Lava Hound • Lumberjack • Magic Archer • Ice Wizard • Fisherman • Electro Wizard|
|COMMON||• Giant Snowball • Zap • Arrows|
|RARE||• Fireball • Earthquake • Heal • Rocket|
|EPIC||• Goblin Barrel • Barbarian Barrel • Tornado • Rage • Freeze • Poison • Mirror • Lightning • Clone|
|LEGENDARY||• Graveyard • The Log|
|COMMON||• Mortar • Cannon • Tesla|
|RARE||• Inferno Tower • Tombstone • Barbarian Hut • Bomb Tower • Goblin Cage • Goblin Hut • Elixir Collector • Furnace|