Flying Machine - Clash Royale
The Master Builder has sent his first contraption to the Arena! It's a fast and fun flying machine, but fragile!
The Flying Machine card is unlocked from the Builder's Workshop (Arena 6). It is a single-target, flying, ranged troop with moderate hitpoints and damage output. The Flying Machine costs 4 Elixir to deploy. It appears to be a small turret in a barrel with a rotor on top.
|hit speed||speed||transport||deploy time||range||target||count||elixir cost||rarity||type||arena||release date|
|1.1 sec||Fast (95)||Ground||1.1 sec||6||Air & Ground||x1||4||Rare||Troop||Builder's Workshop||6 October 2017|
|Level||hitpoints||damage||damage per second|
- The Flying Machine is part of the "Flying Machine Draft Challenge", which started on 22/9/17. Players who achieve at least 8 wins in the challenge will win Flying Machine cards as one-time rewards.
- The Flying Machine was added to the game on 6/10/2017.
- On 9/10/17, the October 2017 Update changed the artwork of the Flying Machine card.
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Flying Machine from Jungle Arena (Arena 9) to Builder's Workshop (Arena 6).
- On 1/4/19, the Flying Machine's hit speed was reduced to 1.1 seconds (from 1 second).
- The Flying Machine has the longest range of any flying troop, firing projectiles 6 tiles far.
- The Flying Machine's creator is the Master Builder, a character from Clash of Clans's Builder Base.
- The Flying Machine is excellent at defeating spawners as well as most buildings. Due to its long range, it can pick off buildings near the middle of the Arena without being targeted by the Princess Towers.
- A Fireball will completely destroy a Flying Machine up to one level higher for a neutral Elixir trade, but hitting other targets with the Fireball will make this move more advantageous.
- The Flying Machine is fragile and therefore will need to be supported with a tank such as an Ice Golem or a Giant if it is used offensively.
- Like a Musketeer, it will attack a Princess Tower shortly after it crosses the river if unopposed.
- An undamaged Flying Machine can be taken out by three equivalently-leveled Fire Spirits, which makes Fire Spirits a decent counter if a defensive Crown Tower is in range. However, the Flying Machine will one-shot the Fire Spirits, so it is important that the Flying Machine is distracted beforehand.
- Unlike a Musketeer, it can't completely stop troops like Mini P.E.K.K.A.s or Lumberjacks even with Princess Towers' support since it can't distract them. Because of this, the player should typically place a decoy unit like Skeletons to distract the units so the Flying Machine can finish them off.
- With the assistance of a Crown Tower, a Flying Machine can defeat a lone Balloon, Knight, or Valkyrie before they reach the tower.
|COMMON||• Minions • Archers • Knight • Spear Goblins • Goblins • Minion Horde • Bats • Barbarians • Ice Spirit • Skeletons • Royal Recruits • Royal Giant • Skeleton Barrel • Elite Barbarians • Goblin Gang • Bomber • Fire Spirits • Rascals|
|RARE||• Musketeer • Mini P.E.K.K.A • Mega Minion • Battle Ram • Valkyrie • Dart Goblin • Hog Rider • Ice Golem • Three Musketeers • Flying Machine • Giant • Wizard • Royal Hogs • Zappies|
|EPIC||• Baby Dragon • Prince • Wall_Breakers • Golem • Witch • Giant Skeleton • Bowler • Dark Prince • Guards • Electro Dragon • Executioner • Skeleton Army • Hunter • P.E.K.K.A • Balloon • Goblin Giant • Cannon Cart|
|LEGENDARY||• Miner • Princess • Night Witch • Inferno Dragon • Ram Rider • Bandit • Mega Knight • Royal Ghost • Sparky • Lava Hound • Lumberjack • Magic Archer • Ice Wizard • Fisherman • Electro Wizard|