Goblin Cage - Clash Royale
When the Goblin Cage is destroyed, a Goblin Brawler is unleashed into the Arena! Goblin Brawler never skips leg day.
The Goblin Cage is unlocked in Spooky Town (Arena 12). When spawned, the card initially takes the appearance of a wooden jail cell, which sometimes shakes due to the Brawler inside. After a short time or after taking enough damage, the Brawler breaks out and attacks opposing troops or buildings nearby. The Brawler itself is a huge, brawny, tattooed Goblin. Its health, damage and speed are all comparable to a single Elite Barbarian.
|lifetime||elixir cost||goblin brawler hit speed||goblin brawler speed||goblin brawler range||goblin brawler count||goblin brawler target||goblin brawler transport||type||rarity||arena||release date|
|20 sec||4||1.1 sec||Very Fast (120)||Melee: Short||x1||Ground||Ground||Building||Rare||Spooky Town||17 May 2019|
|Level||cage hitpoints||brawler hitpoints||brawler damage||brawler damage per second|
- The Goblin Cage was added to the game on 17/3/19.
- On 1/7/19, a Balance Update increased the Goblin Cage's lifetime by 33%, from 15s to 20s, and also increased the damage of the Brawler by 25% from 211 to 264 at tournament level.
- It also has the shortest lifetime of any building.
- The Goblin Brawler is inspired by a goblin prisoner character in the Clash-A-Rama series.
- The Goblin Cage is the subject of two Emotes.
- This is the second building to be added to the game since soft launch, the first building being the Furnace.
- If an enemy Hog Rider or Ram Rider is deployed, place the Goblin Cage down to counter it from doing any tower damage.
- If placed in the center of your side of the map, it can completely stop a Mega Knight with the help of both Crown Towers, allowing for a big positive elixir trade.
- If placed one tile from the other side of the arena, it can pull an entire Minion Horde. Once the Goblin Brawler spawns, the remaining Minions will be kited and the brawler will get two hits on the foe's Princess Tower.
- The Goblin Brawler is among the few units that can escape the Giant Skeleton's death bomb. Deploy the cage on top of the Giant Skeleton and it will absorb a few attacks from the Giant Skeleton before spawning the Goblin Brawler to kill it.
- The Brawler is weak to dual lane units such as Royal Recruits, split Royal Hogs and split Three Musketeers because it is not a good tank and it only targets one unit at a time
- Additionally, the Brawler is weak to swarms so pairing it with spells such as Zap, The Log or Poison can synergize with him and allow him to advance towards the Crown Tower.
- The Goblin Cage can absorb two of the three lightning strikes from the lightning spell, so it can be used to tank for lightning vulnerable troops like musketeer should the spell be summoned near the crown tower.
|COMMON||• Minions • Archers • Knight • Spear Goblins • Goblins • Minion Horde • Bats • Barbarians • Ice Spirit • Skeletons • Royal Recruits • Royal Giant • Skeleton Barrel • Elite Barbarians • Goblin Gang • Bomber • Fire Spirits • Rascals|
|RARE||• Musketeer • Mini P.E.K.K.A • Mega Minion • Battle Ram • Valkyrie • Dart Goblin • Hog Rider • Ice Golem • Three Musketeers • Flying Machine • Giant • Wizard • Royal Hogs • Zappies|
|EPIC||• Baby Dragon • Prince • Wall_Breakers • Golem • Witch • Giant Skeleton • Bowler • Dark Prince • Guards • Electro Dragon • Executioner • Skeleton Army • Hunter • P.E.K.K.A • Balloon • Goblin Giant • Cannon Cart|
|LEGENDARY||• Miner • Princess • Night Witch • Inferno Dragon • Ram Rider • Bandit • Mega Knight • Royal Ghost • Sparky • Lava Hound • Lumberjack • Magic Archer • Ice Wizard • Fisherman • Electro Wizard|