Giant Snowball - Clash Royale
It’s HUGE! Once it began rolling down Frozen Peak, there was no stopping it. Enemies hit are knocked back and slowed down.
The Giant Snowball card is unlocked from Frozen Peak (Arena 8). It is an area of effect spell that deals low damage in a 3 tile radius. This spell slows all enemies within its radius for 2.5 seconds and will knock back all but the heaviest of troops. A Giant Snowball card costs 2 Elixir to cast.
|radius||slow duration||elixir cost||target||rarity||type||arena||release date|
|2.5||2.5 sec||2||Air & Ground||Common||Spell||Frozen Peak||4 January 2016|
|Level||area damage||crown tower damage|
- The Giant Snowball and Ice Wizard have the same slow duration.
- The Giant Snowball card was added to the game on 20/6/18.
- On 1/10/18, a Balance Update increased the Giant Snowball's slow duration to 2.5 seconds (from 2 seconds) and damage by 10%.
- On 3/12/18, a Balance Update increased the Giant Snowball’s damage by 14%.
- On 1/7/19, a Balance Update reduced the Giant Snowball's radius from 3.0 to 2.5.
- The Giant Snowball is a 2 Elixir utility card that is an effective finisher against low hitpoint troops.
- This card excels at disrupting enemy pushes by knocking them back and slowing them down briefly, giving you time to attack or defend.
- With help from the Princess Tower, the Giant Snowball can completely counter the Goblin Barrel with proper timing.
- The Giant Snowball can activate the King Tower with a poorly placed Miner or Goblin Barrel.
- The Giant Snowball's knockback effect can reset an Inferno Dragon's focus. However, this is not to be confused with a stun, as the Giant Snowball will not reset an Inferno Tower or Sparky.
- Its knockback effect is the same as that of the Fireball; it is a true stun that resets attack animations. This is in contrast to a normal stun such as that of the Zap, which stalls attack animations but does not reset them.
- The Giant Snowball's knock-back mechanic can be used to force enemy troops into favourable positions. One example would be pushing a Princess into range of your Crown Tower. Another would be to split up a push so you can deal with it in smaller groups.
- With proper timing, the Giant Snowball can also be an effective support on offense, destroying low hitpoint troops and knocking back + slowing other troops.
- The Giant Snowball is comparable to the Zap. Both deal the same amount of damage, but the Giant Snowball offers a slower projectile that has a larger area of effect with knockback and slowdown, while the Zap has instant damage and a stun to reset all enemy troops.
|COMMON||• Minions • Archers • Knight • Spear Goblins • Goblins • Minion Horde • Bats • Barbarians • Ice Spirit • Skeletons • Royal Recruits • Royal Giant • Skeleton Barrel • Elite Barbarians • Goblin Gang • Bomber • Fire Spirits • Rascals|
|RARE||• Musketeer • Mini P.E.K.K.A • Mega Minion • Battle Ram • Valkyrie • Dart Goblin • Hog Rider • Ice Golem • Three Musketeers • Flying Machine • Giant • Wizard • Royal Hogs • Zappies|
|EPIC||• Baby Dragon • Prince • Wall_Breakers • Golem • Witch • Giant Skeleton • Bowler • Dark Prince • Guards • Electro Dragon • Executioner • Skeleton Army • Hunter • P.E.K.K.A • Balloon • Goblin Giant • Cannon Cart|
|LEGENDARY||• Miner • Princess • Night Witch • Inferno Dragon • Ram Rider • Bandit • Mega Knight • Royal Ghost • Sparky • Lava Hound • Lumberjack • Magic Archer • Ice Wizard • Fisherman • Electro Wizard|
|COMMON||• Giant Snowball • Zap • Arrows|
|RARE||• Fireball • Earthquake • Heal • Rocket|
|EPIC||• Goblin Barrel • Barbarian Barrel • Tornado • Rage • Freeze • Poison • Mirror • Lightning • Clone|
|LEGENDARY||• Graveyard • The Log|
|COMMON||• Mortar • Cannon • Tesla|
|RARE||• Inferno Tower • Tombstone • Barbarian Hut • Bomb Tower • Goblin Cage • Goblin Hut • Elixir Collector • Furnace|