Cannon - Clash Royale
Defensive building. Shoots cannonballs with deadly effect, but cannot target flying troops.
The Cannon card is unlocked from the Barbarian Bowl (Arena 3). It is a single-target, short-ranged defensive building with moderate hitpoints and damage. It fires cannonballs toward ground troops but is unable to target air troops. A Cannon card costs 3 Elixir to deploy.
- The Cannon was added with Clash Royale's soft launch on 4/1/16.
- On 2/2/16, the February 2016 Update decreased the Cannon's Elixir cost to 3 (from 6), its range to 6 (from 7), its lifetime to 40 sec (from 60 sec), and decreased its hitpoints by 55%.
- On 23/3/16, a Balance Update decreased the Cannon's lifetime to 30 sec (from 40 sec).
- On 3/5/16, the May 2016 Update decreased the Cannon's hitpoints by 11%. This update also fixed the "range bug" and decreased the Cannon's range to 5.5 (from 6) but its effective range is unchanged.
- On 18/5/16, a Balance Update decreased the Cannon's hitpoints by 5%.
- On 21/6/16, a Balance Update decreased the Cannon's hitpoints by 8%.
- On 1/7/19, a Balance Update increased the Cannon's damage by 32% from 127 to 167 at tournament standards, decreased its hitspeed to 1 second (from 0.8 seconds).
- The Cannon and the Tombstone are the cheapest buildings, costing only 3 Elixir.
- The Cannon resembles the level 4 Cannon from Clash of Clans.
- Along with the Mortar and Inferno Tower, the Cannon has almost the shortest lifetime out of all the building cards second only to the Goblin Cage.
- The Cannon can be used defensively behind or beside Crown Towers to help defend against melee troops.
- As with any defense, it is not wise to play the Cannon proactively, as this may, for example, allow an opposing Dart Goblin or Musketeer to out-range it, destroy it, and then attack the player's tower.
- The player can, however, place the Cannon while the ranged troop is in the range of the Cannon to prevent ranged troops from out-ranging it.
- Cannons can be effectively destroyed with flying troops, such as Minions, Balloons or a Baby Dragon without the player's troops being targeted.
- The Cannon is often best placed in the radius of the user's Crown Towers, to prevent flying troops such as Minions from destroying it without any issues. As such, if a Cannon is ever placed out of range of the Crown Towers, the attacking player can use air troops to destroy the cannon unhindered.
- The Cannon can be very useful for taking down Barbarians or a Hog Rider if placed in the right area, gaining an Elixir advantage. A Cannon combined with an X-Bow or Inferno Tower can wreak havoc on high-hitpoint troops.
- The Cannon can also be a great cheap distraction for dangerous troops like the Prince and the Balloon.
- It is best used against tanks; place it 4 tiles away from the river and two tiles away from the Arena Tower to pull it with the maximum distance.
- For troops that only target buildings, place it 4 tiles from the river and 3 tiles away from the Arena Tower.
- The building will need to be placed 4 tiles from the river and 2 tiles from the Arena Tower if the opponent executes a push that includes a Hog Rider.
- The player can use it to aggro building-target only troops after it crosses the bridge but only if it haven't travel more than 2 tiles from the bridge or it will go straight to the Arena Tower.
- For Royal Giants, place the building 3 tiles from the river and 1 tile from the Arena Tower.
- Alone, the Cannon isn't a very effective counter, but it is possible if combined with any other unit.
- If a Balloon is placed on the very edge, you have to place it 4 tiles from the river and 1 tile from the Arena Tower. If a Balloon is placed on the very edge in front you can place it 3 tiles away from the river and 2 tiles away from the Arena Tower. If a Balloon is placed right on the path, you can do the usual building place (4 tiles from the river and 3 tiles from the Arena Tower). The Lava Hound behaves slightly different: if it's placed on the very edge it has to be 3 tiles away from the river and 1 tile from the Arena Tower. And if it is placed on the path the player must place it 4 tiles away from the river and 2 tiles away from the Princess Tower.
- These building placement rules apply to all buildings; even though the Tesla is smaller than all buildings, the same rules still apply.
|transport||hit speed||deploy time||lifetime||range||target||elixir cost||rarity||type||arena||release date|
|Ground||1 sec||1 sec||30 sec||5.5||Ground||3||Common||Building||Barbarian Bowl||4 January 2016|
|Level||hitpoints||damage||damage per second|
|COMMON||• Minions • Archers • Knight • Spear Goblins • Goblins • Minion Horde • Bats • Barbarians • Ice Spirit • Skeletons • Royal Recruits • Royal Giant • Skeleton Barrel • Elite Barbarians • Goblin Gang • Bomber • Fire Spirits • Rascals|
|RARE||• Musketeer • Mini P.E.K.K.A • Mega Minion • Battle Ram • Valkyrie • Dart Goblin • Hog Rider • Ice Golem • Three Musketeers • Flying Machine • Giant • Wizard • Royal Hogs • Zappies|
|EPIC||• Baby Dragon • Prince • Wall_Breakers • Golem • Witch • Giant Skeleton • Bowler • Dark Prince • Guards • Electro Dragon • Executioner • Skeleton Army • Hunter • P.E.K.K.A • Balloon • Goblin Giant • Cannon Cart|
|LEGENDARY||• Miner • Princess • Night Witch • Inferno Dragon • Ram Rider • Bandit • Mega Knight • Royal Ghost • Sparky • Lava Hound • Lumberjack • Magic Archer • Ice Wizard • Fisherman • Electro Wizard|