9 months ago458 Views10 Down3 Likes0 !
The might of the dragons are known throughout the land. This scaly terror of the skies feels no mercy and nothing will escape the fiery splashes of his breath.
|housing space||preferred target||barracks level required||attack speed||attack type||movement speed||range|
|20||None||9||1.25s||Area Splash 0.3 Tile Radius (Ground & Air)||16||3 tiles|
|Level||damage per second||damage per attack||hitpoints||training cost||research cost||laboratory level required||research time|
Wallpapers of Dragon
- The Dragon is a fearsome flying unit capable of attacking both ground and air units. Similar to the Wizard, the Dragon's attacks are ranged and deal splash damage.
- A Dragon does short-range splash damage when he attacks. This can only be noticed when used against Clan Castle Troops and Walls.
- The purple Dragon icon shown in the Barracks is actually a level 2 Dragon. The Dragon changes from green to purple after upgrading, matching its image in the Barracks.
- Dragons have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Dragons will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Most Dragon strategies involve taking out as many Air Defenses as possible with other units (infantry, Giants, etc.) or Lightning Spells, as they are a significant threat to this powerful unit.
- The Rage Spell and Dragon are like bread and butter. So using a pure-Dragon army with Rage Spells can be effective.
- Try to spread the Dragons along the edge of the base, as they will converge in the middle of the battle, when you have reached the base's center. Then place a Rage Spell for mass destruction.
- A powerful, but costly, strategy for Town Hall 7 and Town Hall 8 players (especially for Clan Wars) uses a combination of Dragons and Balloons. Dragons can tank the Air Defenses and Wizard Towers while Balloons target the Defensive Buildings. Which spells to bring ultimately depend on the layout of the defending base - an attacker should have a plan to destroy every Air Defense, whether that involves extra Balloons, Lightning Spells, Earthquake Spells Healing Spells, or Rage Spells.
- Dragons are mostly used to get Trophies and in war as their high cost doesn't make them great candidates for Elixir raiding.
- When using mass Dragon raids one should be careful of Buildings in the corners because their relatively slow movement speed does not make it great for moving around from corner to corner. To prevent this, attackers should bring some Barbarians or Minions or save their Barbarian King to take out lone buildings in the corners; it might mean the difference between a 99% 2-star and a 100% 3-star raid. A level 4 Clan Castle can hold a Haste Spell which can be used to speed up the Dragons if time is in short.
- Dragons will attack the Barbarian King and Clan Castle Troops that cannot target air units if these troops are the closest target, even though the Barbarian King and/or Clan Castle Troops cannot attack the Dragon or any friendly Dragons nearby. Be careful as these troops can distract your Dragons from attacking other more threatening targets, wasting time.
- Dragons are one of the most powerful Troops in the game, and as such it can be difficult to defend against them. Multiple high-level Air Defenses are critical for success against Dragons.
- As a Town Hall 8 player, keeping your Air Defenses semi-spread while protecting them with Storages and other high hitpoint buildings is the key to preventing most 3-star attacks using Dragons. If the Air Defenses are too close together, a single Rage Spell applied to a cluster of Dragons can quickly wipe out all three.
- Dragons are wonderful Clan Castle Troops. As a flying unit, the Dragon is completely immune to attacks from most ground troops, and his splash damage capability makes it especially suited for destroying groups of Barbarians and Goblins. His high health also helps him survive attacks from even multiple Archers or Wizards (although a large group of either will usually be enough to destroy the Dragon). However, you can use spread your archers and wizards in a semi or whole circle around the dragon. This exploits the fact that dragons have a slow hit speed.
- The Dragon undergoes significant visual changes at all levels.
- Initially, the Dragon has green-colored skin and black eyes.
- At level 2, the Dragon's skin turns from green to purple, matching his image in the Barracks. His eyes also turn the color of elixir.
- At level 3, the Dragon's skin changes again to dark greenish-brown.
- At level 4, the Dragon's skin turns a deep red; as part of the update announcement, Supercell referred to it as the new "ancient red dragon." His eyes also start flaming.
- At level 5, the Dragon's skin turns into a brownish-crimson color. It also obtains golden horns near the back of its head and spikes on its back. Its wings also gets larger.
- At level 6, the Dragon's skin turns dark crimson in color. The edges of its wings take on a reddish shade.
- At level 7, the Dragon's skin turns completely red in color. The tip of the tail also starts flaming.
- The first person to have reached over 4,000 trophies (Jorge Yao) used an all-Dragon army to do so. He used 4 Lightning Spells as support, one to take out Clan Castle troops and the rest to destroy an Air Defense. This was his way to ensure 50% damage practically every time he attacked in order to become the top player and achieve this amazing feat.
- You can have a maximum of 14 Dragons at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 16 if you include the 2 that can fit into a fully upgraded Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 3 Dragons with three level 2 or higher Clone Spells.
- The Dragon's attack was given a splash damage component as of the 12 March 2013 update, making them much more powerful against groups of ground troops.
- The Dragon received new art as of the 23 May 2013 update; the new Dragon receives forelegs along with a line of small spikes down its neck and back. This new look is often debated among fellow players to which one looks the 'best', along with the P.E.K.K.A.
- The Dragon has a pair of paws and fire in his mouth since the 23 May 2013 update.
- A Dragon's shadow is oval, not dragon-shaped.
- The Dragon's upon-death skeleton is human-shaped.
- The Dragon is the only troop to have different appearances at every level.
- The Dragon is one of only two troops of which the picture in the Barracks resembles an upgraded troop, the other being the Wall Breaker.
- The level 3 and 4 Dragon has a very thin see-through line going through the base of the wing. However, this is barely noticeable.
- Dragons do not attack Walls, but can deal damage if indirectly attacking (Shooting at Clan Castle troops over a wall, etc.).
- The January 2013 update added Dark Elixir, stating that this resource is formed over aeons from fossilized Black Dragon (then-maxed level 3 Dragon) bones. However, training or upgrading Dragons never involve Dark Elixir.
- This is more likely a reference over oil, a fossil fuel.
- An event lasted from 29/1/15 through 5/2/15, during which the Dragon's training speed was 5 times faster, along with the Barbarian.
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton • Hog Glider|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|