Elixir is pumped from the Ley Lines coursing underneath your village. Upgrade your Elixir Collectors to maximize elixir production.
- The Elixir Collector collects Elixir from an unlimited underground reserve (a.k.a Ley Lines) and stores it until collected by the player and placed into an Elixir Storage. When the collector is full, production will be stopped until it is collected (or raided by an enemy player).
- The production rate and capacity depends on the level of the Elixir Collector. Players can get an idea of how much Elixir the collector is storing by how full the tank appears.
- The Elixir Collector takes up a 3x3 space.
- Tapping on the collect icon collects all elixir from all elixir collectors.
- When you choose to upgrade an Elixir Collector, it will automatically collect any uncollected Elixir. Note that if your Elixir Storages are full at that time, the uncollected Elixir will be lost! During the upgrade the collector stops producing Elixir.
- Once the Elixir Collector is level 5, you can temporarily boost its production with Gems. Spending Gems will double the Collector's production for 1 day.
- When you click to boost the Elixir Collector a clock appears for a few seconds.
- Pay careful attention to the location of Elixir Collectors when planning your attack, as Elixir Collectors are usually only marginally protected and can be quite lucrative, especially at high levels. Many times a single Archer can be placed in such a way that it can destroy an Elixir Collector while standing clear of any defenses.
- If you see a round number of Elixir in a raid, it is most likely going to be in the Elixir Collectors rather than in the Elixir Storages (example 90,000). Although round numbers can occur in Elixir Storages, they happen much more often when Elixir Storages have been emptied by a previous raid and the resultant shield has allowed the Elixir Collectors to completely fill up.
- When raiding for Elixir, you can tell if the Elixir Collector is full or not by looking at the tank. In fact it is easier to tell if Elixir Collectors are full than Gold Mines, so use that fact to your advantage even when farming Gold (Elixir Collectors will fill at the same rate as same-level Gold Mines).
- It is a good idea to put your Elixir Collectors outside of your Walls, so they can act as a distraction to units such as Barbarians and Archers.
- Attackers can steal up to 50% of the uncollected Elixir in the collectors. Having too many uncollected resources will make you a more attractive target.
- If an Elixir Collector is destroyed in an attack while it is being upgraded, no Elixir will be lost as the collector is empty during this time.
- Elixir Collectors undergo significant visual changes at levels 5, 8 and 10.
- When initially constructed, the Elixir Collector consists of a large, transparent cylindrical vat standing vertically on a wooden base. A long, narrow metal tube extends from the top of the vat and bends down to a small brass pump with shutoff valve embedded in the ground. Elixir periodically bubbles out of the air vent on the top of the vat.
- At level 3, additional metal tubes appear, and the brass pump grows larger. Additional tubes are added at level 4, with the pump also increasing in size.
- At level 5, the four narrow metal tubes are replaced with one much larger diameter tube, and the brass pump and shutoff valve moves to the opposite side of the collector. The shutoff valves' wheel grows much larger, too. A flat metal skirt appears around the base of the collector as well.
- At level 6, a second, smaller metal tube appears, connecting to a smaller (valveless) pump on the opposite side of the collector. The level 7 Elixir Collector adds another smaller tube.
- At level 8, the two smaller tubes on the left side of the collector are replaced with a single large-diameter tube, which joins the original tube at the top of the collector. The second pump on the left side of the collector receives a small shutoff valve wheel as well.
- At level 9, the wooden cap on the cylindrical vat is replaced with brass. The collector gets a third large tube coming from the back and a brass reinforcing bar appears on the front of the vat.
- At level 10, the top of the collector receives a large brass junction where all the tubing enters. Two additional large-diameter tubes are added as well, for a total of five. Shutoff valves are visible on three of the tubes as well as on the top of the junction. Additional reinforcing bars appear on the front of the vat.
- At level 11, the shutoff valve on the top of the vat disappears, replaced by still more tubing. The reinforcing bars are replaced with wide brass reinforcing plates that nearly cover the entire vat.
- At level 12, the tubes on the sides and back become larger, and spikes are added to the top. The small pipe in front of the collecter is moved to the back. On the top, there are now three tubes instead of two, and more bolts are added to the top and the front.
- Although every other number matches between the Gold Mine and Elixir Collector, the level 5 upgrade prices are different (3,000 Elixir for the Gold Mine, 3,500 Gold for the Elixir Collector).
- The Elixir Collector is one of the 8 buildings that you are automatically set with at the beginning of the game.
- On 5/23/2017 (the builder base update), you can collect elixir from all your elixir collectors by just tapping the collect icon on one.
- Although directly selecting an Elixir Collector with an Elixir bubble above it automatically collects any resources it has stored, there is a way to check how much Elixir has been stored without collecting it. This can be done by moving any other building to an invalid spot on your map (e.g., off the edge of your map, or fully or partially occupied by an obstacle, decoration or another building) and releasing it while its surrounding square has turned red. Then select the desired Elixir Collector and choose the "Info" option to display the amount of Elixir gathered by the collector to that point.
- The Elixir Collector looks the same on level 1 and level 2, making it the only building that doesn't always change it's appearance after it is upgraded.
- As of the May 2016 update, collecting elixir has a new sound effect.
|size on board||currency type|
|Level||build cost||build time||experience gained||boost cost||capacity||production rate||hitpoints||time to fill||catch up point||town hall level required|
|4||1,400||1h||60||N/A||2,500||800/hr||520||3h 7m 30s||3h||2|
|6||7,000||4h||120||5||20,000||1,300/hr||600||15h 23m 5s||13h 20m||3|
|7||14,000||8h||169||6||30,000||1,600/hr||640||18h 45m||1d 10h 40m||4|
|8||28,000||16h||240||7||50,000||1,900/hr||680||1d 2h 18m 57s||3d 13h 20m||4|
|9||56,000||1d 12h||360||8||75,000||2,200/hr||720||1d 10h 5m 27s||9d 12h||5|
|10||84,000||2d||415||9||100,000||2,800/hr||780||1d 11h 42m 52s||7d 8h||5|
|11||168,000||2d 12h||464||10||150,000||3,500/hr||860||1d 18h 51m 26s||10d||7|
|12||336,000||3d||509||10||200,000||4,200/hr||960||1d 23h 37m 9s||15d||8|
|13||504,000||6d||720||11||250,000||4,900/hr||1,080||2d 3h 1m 14s||36d||10|
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Elixir Collector, such as Level, Capacity, Production and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Elixir Collector to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Elixir Collector is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Elixir Collector to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Elixir Collector is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your Elixir production for 1 day at the cost of the displayed amount of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your Elixir production of all the Elixir Collectors for 1 day at the cost of the displayed amount of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon boosts the production of all the Resource collector buildings for 1 day at the cost of one Resource Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Resource Potion.|
|Tapping this icon collects the uncollected Elixir from the Elixir Collector.|
|This icon informs you that you don't have Elixir to be collected from your Elixir Collector.|
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|