For heavyweight air defense, Air Bombs do the trick. An endless supply of explosive barrels launch into the sky to ravage flying enemies!
|size on board||damage type||attack speed||unit type targeted||range|
|3x3||Area Splash||3s||Air||8 tiles|
|Level||damage per second||damage per shot||hitpoints||build cost||build time||experience gained||builder hall level required|
- Air Bombs is a defensive building unlocked at Builder Hall level 4. It continuously launches explosive barrels, resembling the Air Bomb, a trap from the Home Village, at air troops.
- It cannot attack ground units.
- The number of barrels in the structure do not represent the ammunition of the Air Bombs, much like how the number of rockets in an Air Defense do not represent its ammunition. As such, Air Bombs can never run out, since the bomb below will move up once a bomb has been used.
- The bombs deal area damage.
- Use ground troops to take out the Air Bombs then use your air troops to attack the base. This is only true if the Air Bombs are close to the outer edge of your opponent's base or you will have to spend a lot of troops to take out a few buildings.
- Try to avoid the Air Bombs when attacking your opponents using air, as it only has an 8 tile range and cannot shoot at the whole map.
- You can spread out your troops so it can only hit one at a time. This is doubly useful with an all-Baby Dragon attack since they will also benefit from their ability (if you have it unlocked).
- The Drop Ship can tank multiple hits from the Air Bombs, allowing air units with lower hitpoints to destroy other buildings.
- Because of its high area damage but low range and hit speed, it is recommended to place them near Firecrackers as they both cover each other's weaknesses, with one having smaller range but higher damage while the other having moderate damage in a large range.
- This is especially effective because there are no spells in Builder Base, so your opponent cannot take advantage and damage both buildings as would in the Home Village.
- Try placing a Crusher near your Air Bombs to protect them from the Drop Ship, as the Crusher can stall them for a long time, giving your Air Bombs time to take the Drop Ships out.
- The Air Bomb goes through significant visual changes at levels 3 and 4.
- When initially constructed, the Air Bombs consist of several wooden barrels stacked inside a hole in the ground with two blue balloons attached to the top one. The balloons have white skulls painted on them.
- At level 2, the hole in the ground is surrounded by mossy wooden planks and the "launch rails" lose the moss and become a bit taller.
- At level 3, the Air Bombs' barrels change to red and the structure surrounding the hole turns to a lumbered wood construction.
- At level 4, the structure now becomes rough stonework.
- At level 5, the stone structure becomes taller and tidier.
- At level 6, the entire structure is surrounded by a riveted gray metal band.
- At level 7, the metal band changes to a golden band.
- At level 8, the barrels change from red to purple and the edging on the base of the structure and the barrels change from silver to gold.
- The Air Bombs were added on 5/22/2017.
- On 6/27/2017, the Air Bombs got a new level, level 6, when Builder Hall level 6 was released.
- On 9/27/2017, the Air Bombs got a new level, level 7, when Builder Hall level 7 was released.
- On 3/5/2018, the Air Bombs got a new level, level 8, when Builder Hall level 8 was released.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Air Bombs, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type, Targets and Favorite Target.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Air Bombs to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder. When the Air Bombs is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Air Bombs to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Air Bombs is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton • Hog Glider|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|