2 years ago3651 Views734 Down16 Likes1 !
The real riders in the sky. They have a good track record in getting over walls, but are not very good at avoiding crashes.
|special ability||builder barracks level required||preferred target||attack type||movement speed|
|Stunning Glide||11||Defenses||Single Target||24|
|Level||damage||research time||research cost||hitpoints||star laboratory level required||stun duration||number of units per army camp|
Wallpapers of Hog Glider
2 years ago2462 Views509 Down7 Likes3 !
- Hog Gliders are the eleventh troop unlocked in the Builder Base. They require Builder Hall 9 to unlock.
- Hog Gliders are flying troops which target defenses, similar to Balloons. Upon reaching a defense, they crash into it, dealing damage and stunning them for a short period (if the Stunning Glide ability is unlocked, which requires level 2). However, if the glider is destroyed, they will be unable to perform this attack.
- Regardless of whether or not the Hog Glider is successful in hitting a building, the Hog Rider drops down and continues to attack defenses as a ground troop. Like Hog Riders from the Home Village, they can jump over Walls if necessary.
- Hog Gliders and Hog Riders prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Guard Post troops. Once all defenses are destroyed, Hog Gliders and Hog Riders become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Hog Gliders are best used as a tactical troop rather than en masse. The lack of healing abilities for the Hog Riders mean they will not be as effective as they are in the Home Village; they can be easily shut down by Crushers and Mega Mines.
- Nevertheless, their ability to bypass Walls can still be a useful tool and gives them an advantage over other ground troops, preventing the Walls from easily funneling them (however they are still vulnerable to be funneled by defense placements).
- Use them to stun key defenses, such as Crushers, to allow other troops to attack safely as long as the defense is stunned. Stunning a Crusher, for example, can prove invaluable to a Raged Barbarian-based attack if the troops can take down the Crusher in time.
- Place your most valuable defenses out of reach of the Hog Gliders to prevent them from being stunned. It can be a good strategy to place relatively unimportant defenses, such as Cannons on the frontlines to get rid of the glider. However remember to protect these defenses still as the resulting Hog Rider may still destroy the defense if poorly defended, allowing further Hog Gliders to reach deeper into the base.
- Well-upgraded Firecrackers and Air Bombs can prevent the glider from reaching a targeted defense, however the Hog Glider's speed means doing this will be difficult.
- Placing Hidden Teslas in expected lines of attack can force the glider to crash earlier than expected onto the Tesla.
- At level 1, the Hog Glider consists of a Hog Rider and his hog riding a ratty glider with patches on the orange fabric and rope around the joints.
- At level 5, the patches disappear and the fabric changes to a more reddish-orange color.
- At level 9, the ropes in the intersection of the wings are replaced by a metal gear. The inside of the wings appears to be a darker shade of red.
- At level 13, the gears are golden, and the wings have a bright orange outside with a dark red inside (similar to lava).
- The spawned Hog Rider also changes appearance as the Hog Glider is upgraded, resembling a certain level of Hog Rider in the Home Village.
- At levels 1-4, the Hog Rider resembles a level 1-2 Hog Rider from the Home Village.
- At levels 5-8, the Hog Rider resembles a level 3-4 Hog Rider.
- At levels 9-12, the Hog Rider resembles a level 5 Hog Rider.
- At levels 13-16, the Hog Rider resembles a level 6 Hog Rider.
- At levels 17-18, the Hog Rider resembles a level 7 Hog Rider.
- Hog Glider is a clear pun on Hog Rider.
- The addition of Hog Gliders alludes to the fact that the Hog Rider, seen in the video introducing the Builder Base (two years before the update that added it), did not make an appearance in the Builder Base until then.
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton • Hog Glider|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|