Stop attackers in their tracks. Now that's cold!
- The Freeze Trap was introduced during the 2016 winter theme update and was the second of three "Clashmas" gifts, the first gift was the Santa's Surprise and the third was the Ice Wizard. It was available from UTC 10:00 27/12/16 through UTC 10:00 6/1/17.
- When triggered, the trap will freeze all ground and air troops in a certain radius, allowing Defensive Buildings, Clan Castle troops and Heroes to deal damage to them.
- Heroes can use their abilities while under the effects of the Freeze Trap. Any troops spawned by said Heroes will not be frozen. Unarmed
- The Grand Warden's Eternal Tome ability will not prevent troops from being frozen.
- The Freeze Trap can be used similarly to other traps in the game.
- Due to its special nature, it's good to place the Freeze Trap at a spot where a large amount of defensive buildings can fire at, dealing great damage to the frozen troops.
- Place the Freeze Trap deep in the base so it is harder to trigger.
- It is the third temporary trap to be added to the game.
- Like any other temporary content, the Freeze Trap cannot be upgraded or donated.
- The Freeze Trap has the same effect radius and duration as a level 1 Freeze Spell.
- Its info screen says "spell duration" and "damage type", although it isn't a spell and doesn't deal damage.
- Currently, the Freeze Trap is the only trap that can target both ground and air troops simultaneously, as each Skeleton Trap can only target either one of them. Flask
- The Freeze Trap's duration doesn't scale according to the Town Hall level.
- The Freeze Trap has a trap door similar to the Air Bomb and Seeking Air Mine, and especially the Shrink Trap, which was a temporary trap of the 2017 Clashiversary events.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Freeze Trap, such as Re-arm cost, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon re-arms this Freeze Trap. This icon is only displayed after this Freeze Trap has been triggered during an enemy attack.|
|Tapping this icon re-arms all Traps. This icon is only displayed when one or more of your Traps have been triggered in a previous enemy attack.|
|This icon informs you that all Traps are armed. It is not tappable, and replaces the re-arm icons.|
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|