a year ago2146 Views380 Down4 Likes0 !
Dark Elixir Storage
The power of Dark Elixir could not be contained in a regularly shaped Elixir vat. As it's three times as powerful, we had to invent a cubical form of storage!
|size on board||currency type|
|Level||capacity||hitpoints||build cost||build time||experience gained||town hall level required|
Wallpapers of Dark Elixir Storage
- This storage allows you to save your hard earned Dark Elixir. Dark Elixir is used to buy and upgrade the Heroes, and to train and upgrade Dark Elixir Troops.
- The Dark Elixir Storage is unlocked at Town Hall level 7, along with the Dark Elixir Drill.
- The Dark Elixir Storage is a transparent, rectangular-shaped building. It is stated that this storage had to resemble a cube due to the Dark Elixir's power.
- 6%, 5%, 4% (depending on the town hall level) of the total Dark Elixir in the storage (up to 2,000, 2,500, 3000) can be stolen by attackers, although loot penalties may change this amount (see Raids).
- Upgrading your Dark Elixir Storage to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Dark Elixir in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Dark Elixir proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes, the higher health of the upgraded building results in less Dark Elixir per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Dark Elixir.
- The Dark Elixir Storage building takes up a 3x3 space.
- Dark Elixir Storages remain fully functional while being upgraded, like all other Storages.
- Some people deliberately avoid getting the drill and just get the storage because it is much faster to raid for Dark Elixir than it is to collect it on your own.
- If a player without a Dark Elixir storage raids Dark Elixir, the looted Dark Elixir will not be stored and will simply disappear. It will, however, give credit toward the Heroic Heist Achievement.
- Due to the low cap on Dark Elixir, it is sometimes difficult to tell if the Dark Elixir Storage is full; a level 6 Dark Elixir Storage with just under 40,000 Dark Elixir (almost enough to reach the 2,000 cap) is less than 20% full and therefore appears empty.
- Dark Elixir is the most difficult resource to obtain, with the possible exception of Gems. Consequently many players protect the Dark Elixir Storage as best as they can.
- As of the 2015, July Update, all kinds of Storages are now immune against Lightning Spells and Earthquake Spells.
- Prior to this update, there existed an infamous strategy involved using Lightning Spells to damage the Dark Elixir Storage in order to steal some of its Dark Elixir (the Earthquake Spell was introduced in the same update).
- Dark Elixir Storages undergo mostly minor visual changes as it is upgraded. The two significant changes occur at levels 3 and 5.
- When initially constructed, the Dark Elixir Storage consists of a transparent, slightly rounded cubical storage vessel situated on a four-legged wooden platform. There appears to be a small square opening at the top of the storage.
- At level 2, the Storage adds a brass frame to the top of the vessel and a metal spigot at the base.
- At level 3, the Storage grows substantially in size, and both the wooden platform and brass frame are replaced by versions made of steel.
- At level 4, the Storage gains dark gold legs and a bigger and slightly different tap.
- At level 5, the Storage receives spiked steel armor plating on each of the four corners of the base.
- At level 6, these armor plates become slightly wider with a pair of small golden spikes on each, and the steel frame atop the vessel turns golden as well.
- Although the description refers the Dark Elixir as "three times as powerful", in the game it is in fact 100 times as powerful. This is observed by two facts: for example, both 10,000,000 Elixir and 100,000 Dark Elixir can be bought with 3,000 Gems; these are the costs of the level 20 Grand Warden and the level 22 Archer Queen respectively.
- It is possible to overflow the Dark Elixir Storage, but only by purchasing special resource packs found in the shop for real money. If this is done, any excess Dark Elixir will remain in the storage, and until the excess is removed (either by spending the Dark Elixir or being raided), any Dark Elixir earned from raids will be lost, just as if the Dark Elixir Storage was full.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Dark Elixir Storage, such as Level, Storage Capacity and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Dark Elixir Storage to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Dark Elixir Storage is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Dark Elixir Storage to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Dark Elixir Storage is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon completely fills the Dark Elixir Storage, at the cost of one Rune of Dark Elixir. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Rune of Dark Elixir.|
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton • Hog Glider|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|