Grand Warden Altar
This veteran battle-scholar seeks out groups of friendly troops to fight behind and boost with his Life Aura, and assumes the form of a tower on defence. Attacking, he can walk over walls or fly high, and can make nearby troops immune to damage once his Eternal Tome ability is unlocked!
|size on board||hitpoints||build time||unlocked unit||town hall level required||cost|
Wallpapers of Grand Warden Altar
- The Grand Warden Altar is basically a Barracks/Army Camp/Laboratory for the Grand Warden. When he isn't engaging in a battle, the Grand Warden can be seen pacing around his Altar or sleeping on top of it to regenerate health.
- If you wish to see the Grand Warden's targeting range, tap either on him or on his Altar.
- You need a free Builder and at least 6,000,000 Elixir to build the Altar.
- When under attack, the Grand Warden will return to his altar and turn to a statue that functions as a defense but with his life aura still in effect to friendly units and buildings.
- It was added with the 10th December 2015 Town Hall 11 update, and confirmed at ClashCon 2015 on October 24th.
- There is no upgrade difference between levels, it is just the Grand Warden itself that changes.
- It is the only Hero Altar to be purchased with regular Elixir.
- The Builder has his own animation for upgrading the Heroes' altars. He forms some gold in a furnace near the altar, and hits it with his hammer on an anvil, despite it being made of stone.
- If you drop a Lightning Spell on the Altar that has Grand Warden on defense (even without deploying any troops), the Grand Warden will turn into a statue before the Lightning hits. Since the statue takes Grand Warden's hitpoints, it can't be destroyed with a single Lightning Spell.
- If the Grand Warden is not on defense (sleep mode, upgrading or regenerating), a single Lightning Spell of any level will destroy the Altar.
- By simply tapping the Altar, you are able to view the Grand Warden's DPS, HP, Life Aura ability, upgrade cost, and Ability duration.
- The Altar is emblazoned with a shield, representing that the Grand Warden is a support troop that shields your main kill force.
- This is the only Hero Altar where there is nothing on it or sticking out of it.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Grand Warden, such as Damage per Second, Hitpoints, Regeneration Time and Ability Level.|
|Tapping this icon switches the Grand Warden to be deployed as an air unit. This icon is only displayed while the Grand Warden is in Ground mode.|
|Tapping this icon switches the Grand Warden to be deployed as a ground unit. This icon is only displayed while the Grand Warden is in Air mode.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Grand Warden to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Grand Warden is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Grand Warden to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Heroes if you have one. When the Grand Warden is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Heroes. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Heroes.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Heroes.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon puts the Grand Warden to sleep. This icon only appears when the Grand Warden is at full health and is in Guard mode.|
|Tapping this icon awakens the Grand Warden, whom will then help guard your village. This icon only appears when the Grand Warden is at full health and is in Sleep mode.|
|Tapping this icon instantly heals the Grand Warden for the displayed amount of Gems. This icon only appears when the Grand Warden is currently regenerating health on the Altar.|
|Tapping this icon boosts the Grand Warden's regeneration speed for 1 hour, reducing the time required to regenerate the Grand Warden by a factor of four for the duration of the boost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your troop training, spell brewing and hero regeneration for 1 hour, reducing the time by a factor of four for the duration of the boost, at the cost of one Training Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Training Potion.|
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton • Hog Glider|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|