Wind and stones may break some bones, but this trap will definitely confound you. Just place one of these traps down and the released vortex will draw the enemy troops in, hindering their progress.
- The Tornado Trap is the last trap unlocked, being unlocked at Town Hall level 11.
- When triggered, it sucks in attacking troops.
- It's effect depends on the housing space of the troops affected; smaller troops will be more heavily affected than larger ones. All troops and heroes, except Miners, will be affected if it enters the radius of the trap.
- The effect is rated on a numbered scale of 1 to 5; each troop and hero is assigned a value of anywhere between 1 and 5. This assigned value is calculated by dividing the unit's housing space by 3, and rounding up (this assigned value is capped at 5). The higher the assigned value, the less spinning effect the Tornado Trap will have on that unit. For the purpose of this calculation, Heroes have an assigned value of 5, and Siege Machines have an assigned value of 1 (?).
- The Tornado Trap also deals a small amount of damage per second to all units within its radius. As the trap lasts longer at higher levels, it deals more damage overall at higher levels.
- The Tornado Trap will not prevent units from attacking if they can attack targets still in range.
- Miners are not sucked in by this trap, even when above ground. This makes them viable options for dealing against a Tornado trap.
- You can use the Tornado Trap to pull in ranged units and make them lose their range advantage. While they may still be able to attack while trapped in the tornado, you can take advantage of this by placing high-DPS buildings to quickly destroy them, you can also place other traps near the Tornado Trap to trigger them on grouped up enemies.
- The Tornado Trap goes through a visual change at Level 2.
- When initially constructed, the Tornado Trap appears as a metallic spiral tube that is covered by a hatch on the ground.
- At level 2, the Tornado Trap gains a large darker metal piece at the end of the tube.
- It's currently the only trap to originate from Clash Royale.
- Like the temporary traps Freeze Trap and Shrink Trap, the Tornado Trap takes the form of a spell placed in a trap door; also, like Clash Royale, the Tornado spell is not placed in a flask.
|size on board||damage per second||trigger radius||damage radius||damage type||unit type targeted|
|1x1||8||3 tiles||3 tiles||Area Splash||Ground & Air (except Miner)|
|Level||duration||build cost||total damage||rearm cost||build time||experience gained||town hall level required|
|2||8 seconds||4,000,000||62||3,000||2 days||415||11|
|3||10 seconds||5,000,000||78||4,000||3 days||509||12|
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Tornado Trap, such as Level, Re-arm cost, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Tornado Trap to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Tornado Trap is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Tornado Trap to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Tornado Trap is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon re-arms this Tornado Trap. This icon is only displayed after this Tornado Trap has been triggered during an enemy attack.|
|Tapping this icon re-arms all Traps. This icon is only displayed when one or more of your Traps have been triggered in a previous enemy attack.|
|This icon informs you that all Traps are armed. It is not tappable, and replaces the re-arm icons.|
|ARMY||• Builder Barracks • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar • Army Camp|
|DEFENSE||• Double Cannon • Crusher • Archer Tower • Roaster • Guard Post • Cannon • Giant Cannon • Firecrackers • Multi Mortar • Hidden Tesla • Wall • Air Bombs • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher|
|HEROES||• Battle Machine|
|RESOURCES||• Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Builder Hall • Elixir Storage • Elixir Collector • Clock Tower • Gem Mine|
|TRAPS||• Push Trap • Mega Mine • Mine • Spring Trap|
|TROOPS||• Baby Dragon • Raged Barbarian • Bomber • Night Witch/Bat • Sneaky Archer • Drop Ship • Beta Minion • Night Witch • Boxer Giant • Super P.E.K.K.A • Cannon Cart • Drop Ship/Skeleton|
|BOOKS||• Book of Fighting • Book of Everything • Book of Building • Book of Heroes • Book of Spells|
|POTIONS||• Builder Potion • Power Potion • Clock Tower Potion • Training Potion • Resource Potion|
|RUNES||• Rune of Dark Elixir • Rune of Builder Gold • Rune of Elixir • Rune of Gold • Rune of Builder Elixir|
|RINGS||• Wall Ring|
|HAMMERS||• Hammer of Fighting • Hammer of Building • Hammer of Heroes • Hammer of Spells|